Mar 20, 2011

Viv.

































































This weekend my friend Mike and I checked out the Vivian Maier exhibit at the Chicago Cultural Center, and then headed to Ear Wax Cafe for brunch.  Per-the-usual, a day exhibit hopping and brunching with Mike is pretty rad.  Enjoy the photos!

p.s. you may remember Mike from our trip here.
p.p.s. check out Mike's art here



*ADDENDUM!  I've decided to add this extra blurb and some comments on these photos.  It just didn't feel right short changing such a great day and so many pretty pictures with something so thrown together, but I was running really late this morning when I posted.  I like hanging out with Mike for a ton of reasons, one being he's so good at so many things, and such a talented artist, I just feel cool tagging along.  Also, his spirit makes me feel like I could do anything and he wouldn't judge, if anything he'd find a way to help me make it cooler.  The V.M. exhibit was super cool.  Maier was a totally unknown photog up until a few years ago, right before she died.  She spent her days as a nanny for wealthy families on the Northshore, all the while capturing and documenting what she saw on the streets of New York and Chicago with her honest and unassuming street photography.  After seeing her work, and a few other exhibits, I tried my hand at snapping some street photos , while Mike prayed I wouldn't crash my car, or embarrass him too much.  Capping the whole thing off with brunch at a place with side-show themed decorations made all of this the perfect way to spend a rainy Sunday. 

1 comment: