Mar 29, 2011

Dear Shannon, XOXO The Universe

Me: sitting on couch twiddling thumbs

Universe: Hey Shan, you should change things up.

Me:  I'm good.

Universe:  No really, you should mix it up.

Me:  Nope, I'm fine thanks.

Universe:  hold. on. tight.

It turns out there is going to be a whole lot of change for me this year.  I'm excited.  Really excited.  My comfortable complacent existence is going to get totally shaken up, and while I'm welcoming what's to come, it's also a little scary.  Just so we're all on the same page, last week I found out my roommate is moving to her own place, and my job is moving to California, and I'm not going with either of them.  This means that in the next 8 months I'll be welcoming a new roommate, finding a new job, and embracing a whole new decade.

Change.
Big. Change.

I thought that this week I'd work on my resume, or roommate search, or both, but I'm feeling a little rudderless right now, and I think I may need to work on that first.  I decided to spend this week finding a place to volunteer on the regular.  I don't think that I'll change the world in just a few weeks or 'find my calling', but I do think it will be good to do something that reminds me how great I've got it (changes or not).

No comments:

Post a Comment