Oct 7, 2011

Notes from the front lines...



Here are just a few tidbits from my day so far...

-Chances are if you call the place I'm temping at today, you're trying to get a hold of Tom.  Tom's not answerring his phone, so I'll tranfer you to Rick like you ask, but his line has been busy all morning.  Sorry Sir.

-I don't have printing priveledges...

-Don't you dare try and deliver a pallet of sealant here, to me, to this office... Clearly it's for a job site, not an office building, and until you figure out which one, I just can not help you.

-The Dragon Lady was just nice to me...  I'm not sure if that actually means she's being nice, or if she's trying to lure me into a false sense of security before unleashing her pent-up fury on me when no one else is looking.*

-When all else fails talk about golf clubs.

-Now I'm avoiding the Dragon Lady at all costs.  For those of you I'm not gchatting with right now, the Dragon Lady is the women who I thought was supposed to show me the ropes and who I call when I have a question about something.  There was some confusion though because she thinks her job is to give me the side eye every chance she gets and then say such passive agressive phrases as "you know you're doing that wrong, riiiight?"

-I've decided to spend the day pretending all the guys who work here are either friends with my dad or brother.  For some reason it makes it way easier to joke with them and fit in.  Also, it makes it seem a lot more like I'm a college student home for break, and not an almost thirty something having a major life crisis.

-'Have a good one, enjoy the weather!'  Has come out of my mouth no less than 487 times. 

-I control the door to the locked bathroom- bitches!

-Writing this list just brought me 23 minutes closer to 5:30.  BAM!


*Whoa, whoa, whoa, The Dragon Lady was just nice to me again.  She even smiled at me and said 'thank you'.  My mind is blown.  Either the tide is turning, or per my above fury theory, come 5:00- my ass is grass.

No comments:

Post a Comment