Oct 3, 2011

what's new: 18

O.k., I'm going to make this one quick.  Mostly because it's already Monday, I should have done this yesterday, aaaaaand because I could talk for hours about facing my fears (because I feel like a total badass after the Tarantula/Scorpion thing).  So, without further adieu here is what's new from a week of facing my fears.

-I was shocked at the amount of comments I got on my weight / stats post.  It was most shocking because the majority of the comments, texts, and thumbs up were from guys.  I didn't want that whole thing to be an I am woman,  girl power kind of thing, but I was pleasantly surprised at the dude power awesomeness I got.  Thanks fellas!

-I AM A SUPREMEM BAD ASS!  Probably one of the coolest things I've ever done was petting those disgusting, hairy, gross, creepy crawlers, not because I conquered my fear, but because for maybe 35 seconds I wasn't crippled by it.

-I don't plan on going around touching anything with 8 legs anytime soon… If this means I'm only a supreme bad ass in a controlled environment, with my friend Kyle, a staff of pet store workers, and Willie the wonder bug wrangler, I'll still take it.

-Lot's of people are scared of the things I'm scared of.  While it doesn't make me any less scared of those things, it's nice to know I'm not alone.

-I survived my scary movie viewing with no nightmares, but I don't plan on watching Saw, The Shining, or any of the like any time soon.

-I'm still job hunting, agent hunting, and sending out resumes and headshots left and right, so by all means if you have ideas, or connections, or suggestions- Send them my way!

Lastly, I found this quote from Ira Glass the other day and thought it was awesome so I'll share it with you. It sums up where I'm at and why I'm still trying:



No comments:

Post a Comment