Oct 5, 2011

Specless.



Soooo, I lost my glasses.  Then I found them.  And then I lost them.  And now I'm sad.

A few months ago I was on Martha's Vineyard and apparently I left my glasses at the hotel I was staying at. (There's the lost part)

About a month ago, I was back on The Vineyard and staying at the same place.  On my way out of town it ocurred to me the glasses could be at the hotel.  The nice front desk clerk confirmed they had infact found them, and logged them in their lost and found system. (There's the found part.)

I couldn't wait to have someone physically find them because I had to catch a flight, but the nice front desk clerk assured me they'd locate them and give me a call.  I've been trying to get a hold of someone from the hotel, who can actually get the glasses in hand, so they can be sent to me in Chicago, so I can see again.  After no less than 5 phone calls I finally got a call back from one of the afore mentioned hotel's employees, who in a saccarine sweet voice informed me (over my voicemail) that my glasses had regretfully been 'purged' and to have a nice day... (There's the lost part.)

Apparently the hotel threw away my beautiful, expensive, grown-up, help me see everything clearly, geek-sheek glasses.  Aaaaaand I'm really angry.

What does one do in this situation!?!
(besides throw a temper tantrum and cry- because that's really all I can come up with right now!)

No comments:

Post a Comment