Mar 23, 2011

Fancy B.L.T.'s


the spread.


basil and garlic mayo.
(which I made)


avocado.


tomatoes.


thick cut, smoked bacon.
(which I peppered)


wheat oatmeal bread.


...with spinach.


faaaaaancy.


Success!

Last night's dinner was a huge success, but it almost didn't happen...

Kyle: Yelllllllllow? (That's really how Kyle answers the phone when I call)

Me: (whispering)  Hey, it's me.  Don't laugh, but where's the bacon?

Kyle:  Ummm in life?

Me: (still whispering)  No, at the jewel.  I'm making fancy BLT's and I can't find the bacon.

Kyle:  Are you by the meat?

Me:  Ummmmm yes?

Kyle:  Why is that a question?

Me:  I don't know?  There's a lot of meat in this place.

Kyle:  Go to the meat section, like where they keep the chicken and steaks and things, and look by the pork.

Me:  What does pork look like?

Kyle:  Yikes.

Me:  Wait, what?  wait, o.k. I'm by the steaks and chicken, and there's no bacon.  Should I go check by the eggs and orange juice?  It might be there.

Kyle: (laughing)  No it won't.

Me:  O.k. o.k. o.k. I'm an idiot, where's the bacon!?!

Kyle:  Calm down, and look by the packaged meats, maybe by the lunch meats, possibly by the sausage.

Me:  I see brats.  Maybe by the brats?

Kyle:  Possibly.

Me:  Oh wait, (much too loud for a crowded jewel) Oh My God!  I found the bacon!!

Kyle:  Allright!

Me: (realizing several people were looking at me) gotta go.






1 comment:

  1. I desire a fancy BLT (and also have difficulty in the grocery store locating goods that should not be difficult to find).

    ReplyDelete