Mar 16, 2011

Listen up.

All I want to do this week is listen to myself.  There.  Said it.  This one is so simple, and so basic, yet it's taken me 3 days to write this post in a way that describes whats going on with me and why I chose this week.  I'm realizing I could write pages on this topic, not just paragraphs, and I've been getting overwhelmed.

I think we all do it to some degree.  We have errands, and jobs, and responsibilities outside of ourselves, and it gets hard to hear yourself think with your ipod on and the world around you screaming 'GO!'.  I'm not going to speak on the subject of finding balance because I'm about as qualified to tell you about finding peace, and going to yoga, and getting all your work done, and being happy doing it as I am telling you about a time space continuum, or the rules of football.  I'm just hoping by the end of the week to hear at least one little shout from that voice I've spent the last 5 years slowly ignoring.   

3 comments:

  1. Thanks friend! I like you're new boyfriend- he looks great in white.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is NOT my boyfriend. I just admire him from afar.

    ReplyDelete