Mar 17, 2011

St. Patrick's Day... or the day I discovered I have no self-control.

 

I swear that I've been trying to listen to myself all week, the problem is all I'm hearing is 'Give me barbecue chips!'.  In fully embracing the week, I have absolutely listened when I wanted a little chocolate, 1/2 a bag of pop chips, and finally last night's green and white cupcake.  I could spin it and say that everyone needs a little treat now and then, but friends that is a slippery slope.

It's probably no coincidence that I woke up this morning (the day after the cupcake) with a giant headache.  Don't get me wrong, I haven't just been eating junk, and this week isn't about only listening to myself when it comes to food.  The problem is that's when I'm the loudest...

I do have to say for the record, I have been sleeping more this week, going to bed earlier, drinking more water, and taking breaks to just breathe.  So, really my problem is that when it comes to just one chip, or treat, I can't tell myself no.  Here's the new goal: continue to listen to myself, but maybe also say no now and then.  

2 comments: