Mar 21, 2011

I am not a good cook.

O.k.  I'm going to need you to brace yourselves...  It could be the fact that it's officially Spring, and therefore still light out when I get home, or it could have something to do with the Supermoon and the earth's axis shifting, but I have decided that this week, this whole week, I am going to COOK.  Before you get too alarmed, I checked and my smoke detectors all work, all the emergency exits in my apartment are clear, I have a working fire extinguisher next to the oven, oh and I have my firefighter friend Todd on speed dial.

I just have no instincts in the kitchen.  I could bake for days with no recipe and no worries, but put me in a kitchen with a skillet and raw chicken, and you might as well call my friend Todd, grab the fire extinguisher, and get a Tums because in the event that I actually make something that doesn't go up in smoke, you'll wish it had mere seconds after I make you eat it.  I love the idea of cooking and will gladly volunteer to help if you cook for me.  I excel at such things as opening the wine, pouring you a glass of said wine, and stirring, aaaaand thats about it.  I've talked about my friend Kyle, and what a great cook he is, so this week he's volunteered to be on call  if I need him and give me a lesson or two.  In fact, by the end of this week I'm going to cook dinner for him.  Please pray for me, and Kyle, and my as yet flame free apartment.
  

No comments:

Post a Comment