Mar 24, 2011

Baked Kabobs.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

So, yesterday's dinner had a lot of people to please.  First, I was cooking for my boss, who is a very good cook, and again, MY BOSS.  Second, I was cooking for her 3 year old and 5 year old, who would prefer to eat macaroni and cheese or vanilla yogurt for every single meal of the day if you let them.  Third, I was trying to make something super healthy.  How do you please a boss, 2 picky tots, and stay healthy you ask?  My answer was baked Kabobs, roasted sweet potatoes, and cheesy risotto.  The Kabobs and sweet potatoes were planned, the risotto was a last minute addition when it became clear that if I didn't have some kind of cheese on the menu, the tots would mutiny.

Besides the fact that it still takes me twice as long as it should to prep anything, this one went over way better than I thought.  Everything looked really pretty, smelled really great*, and tasted wonderful.  You know the meal is a success when everyone asks for seconds, when you're happy-full for the rest of the evening,  and when the 5 year old sits still long enough to clear her plate.


*Full disclosure:  I don't have a sense of smell, but everyone kept saying how great everything smelled.

No comments:

Post a Comment