Jan 10, 2011

Change of plans.


I won't bore you with the details, but it turns out today is not the day I start my cleanse.  For various reasons it wasn't a good idea for me to embrace broccoli juice and kale smoothies this week.  (I'm not chickening out though- I just need a few weeks before it happens.)  Instead I've decided this will be the week I find a class at the gym I like enough to actually go to.  

Going to the gym is weird.  I'm about as comfortable walking into a new class as I am going to a cooking convention under water where everyone speaks Swahili.  God forbid it is a class that involves apparatuses like weights or steppers or something...  However, in the spirit of giving it all I've got (at least for the week) I'm filling up my Nalgene, and lacing up my Reeboks.  Tonight we'll see how this 'Zumba' thing goes.*


*a special thank you to Becky for agreeing to go with me.  Also, Becky if you're reading this, in the event I don't survive tonight you can have my prized copies of both the DVD and VHS versions of center stage. You're the best.

No comments:

Post a Comment