Jan 7, 2011

what's new.

Week 1: start a blog.

Whats new :  
I started a blog!  (but you already know that, because you're here reading it... and thanks for that.)  I'm definitely still navigating the ins and outs of the page design, picture upload, not sounding like I'm blogging a term paper business, but its a start.  

I've now become obsessed with religiously checking said blog to see if anyone has commented, if I have any new followers, where the followers are from, how many people have viewed my page... you get the idea.  Its like I'm back in college waiting for Pete to post the cast lists. Well, except this time I'm not drunk.

There is a difference between talking a lot and having a lot to say.  As someone who falls into the first category quite a bit,  I've discovered the need to try harder to be in the second category.  Or, at least recognize the difference between the two. 

Next week:
This one isn't for the faint of heart, and frankly it makes me the most nervous of anything I've decided to do so far.  I kept pushing it further and further down the list, but in the spirit of diving in head first... I'm going to do a cleanse.  Look, I don't mean I'm going to eat only baby food and seaweed, or drink only green sludge.  I do mean my days of food related joy may be numbered.

3 comments:

  1. Am I the first person to comment?? Yay!

    I've done a cleanse - TWICE before, as a matter of fact. I did one packaged from Whole Foods which wasn't earth shattering but then I did the Lemonade one. First time I did it, nothing. I think I ate pretty healthy already so it was no big deal. But the *second* time I did it, I had already been eating so poorly, never slept, was always stressed, had since started drinking coffee... and I tell you - the cleanse made a HUGE difference in how I felt overall. Not just physically, but mentally as well. Gimme a call and we can chat about it, over a fruit smoothie w/ flax seed and fiber powder. =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kristina- We'll for sure have to talk (over smoothies!) I put the cleanse on hold for a week or two, so I'd love to pick your brain :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Regarding the cleanse- I don't know what kind you're about to do, but El Fiance did a 30 days cleanse a couple months ago that was basically: gluten free, dairy free, meat free, sugar free, caffeine free. Basically, an herbal tea drinking vegan. I cooked about a billion days worth of vegetably goodness for him. He lasted 10 days. If you do the smoothie kind, may the force be with you. Think of it as Lent. :)

    ReplyDelete