Jan 24, 2011

Just one little thing.

This week all started with a 30 second conversation I had with my friend Karen while we were waiting for the Bears game to start yesterday.  We were 2 hours in to claiming our seats at the bar, with an hour still to go before kickoff, and Karen happened to mention she wished she had brought her book.  Not in the lame reading a book in a bar way, but in the it was getting so good she really wanted to know what happened way.  It got me thinking that I couldn't tell you the last time I finished a book.  I don't dislike reading, I just forget to do it.  I mean, I'm forever checking the Tribune, or the New York Post on my phone, and I've got blogs I look at daily, but to actually have a book in hand that I'm totally invested in hasn't happened in awhile.  So, this week I've decided I'm going to read a book*.  That's it.  Just read a book.  I'll relax and read, and hopefully find something I can't put down.




*This one isn't the craziest thing I'll try this year, but I'm looking forward to reading a new book.  Any suggestions?  Or, if you want, you should read a new book this week too!

2 comments:

  1. Well I'm going to triple down on this challenge and suggest "The Shock Doctrine" by Naomi Klein, It's not fluff though. It's extremely informative and important to actually understanding what is going on in our government. If that one is too intense I'd suggest No Logo....not as deep, start slowly. I just started Blackwater by Jeremy Scahill

    ReplyDelete
  2. Water For Elephants, Never Let Me Go, Time Traveler's Wife... just to name a few of my faves!! Make the time. It's totally worth it!

    ReplyDelete