Jan 17, 2011

A whole lot of new this week.

I don't want you to be jealous, and I wasn't going to say anything, but I assumed you'd probably figure it out this week, so I might as well tell you: I have the whole week off work.  Yep, the whole thing!  And, while I have the whole week off, I'm also dog sitting (hence all the pictures of the cute pup) so going out of town wasn't really an option.  Instead, I was trying to decide what I'd like to do in the city in January for a little staycation.  Of all my brainstorming the one thing that was always on my lists was 'go to the museum', which to me is the perfect example of taking a break, learning a little bit, and actively being a member of the city you live in and what it has to offer- not just being a bystander.  Then, the more I thought about it, the more turning a little break into a weeks worth of new things sounded like a good idea.  So, this week the plan is to go to 5 different museums in 5 days.  I'm also going places I've never been, and I'm excited to see what I find...

3 comments:

  1. ...and school has started back for everyone so all the museums will be EMPTY. Make sure you check out a *free* museum pass at the library before going, will save you some bucks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey guys! You should check out this website my friend Nick sent me with all the free info you need to plan your January museum trips:

    http://chicagofree.info/2011/01/04/free-admission-days-at-chicago-museums-in-january-2011

    ReplyDelete