Jan 25, 2011

still looking...

 

I'm trying to find a book to read.  I mean literally trying to find a book I want to read.  A few weeks ago I was at the book store and picked up a few things I had wanted / been meaning to read.  There were 2 early David Sedaris books of short stories, there was an Augusten Burroughs Holiday book, and then there was 'Girl With the Dragon Tattoo' by Stieg Larsson.  So many people have recommended it to me over the last few months that it's been on my short list for a while now.  A little confusion from my mom as to which book in the series she had read, if there actually was a series, and if I could borrow said book, put reading it on hold for awhile.  So, when I happened to see it at the book store and remembered how much people wanted me to I wanted to read it, I added it to my pile.  Since then, I have read one of the Sedaris's and the Burroughs, and can, in fact, locate them with no problem.  However, 'The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo' seems to have vanished.  Even more frustrating because I remember telling myself that I needed to put this specific book somewhere so I would know where it was, and not lose it, so I could read it when I had time.  As the pictures above indicate, not only have I looked all over for said book, but I do actually have other books I could read.  However, I kind of had my heart set on reading it, and it's no coincidence that 'Girl With the Dragon Tattoo' is the book Karen is so excited to be reading now, which means it's kind of responsible for this whole week.  So, if you happen to know where my copy is, would you remind me?  Otherwise, I'll be at the book store if you need me.

No comments:

Post a Comment