Jan 13, 2011

Sculpting.



Just so we're all on the same page-
Sculpting: A powerful class that works the entire body using a variety of weights, tubes, and balls.

After my experience with spinning the day before, it took every ounce of strength I had to go to a class.  I literally had to talk myself into lacing up my snow boots, throwing on a fleece, and making the trek to the gym.  Once I got there I was happy I showed up, save for the fact that I was a little late and the only spot left in the room was directly in front of the door, and the wall of windows.  Actually, I really thought I'd have a lot more to tell you about considering the amount of accoutrements needed for this class (stepper, yoga mat, light weights, heavier weights, and a  giant rubber band with handles) and my total lack of knowledge on how to use much of said accoutrements. However, I was pleasantly surprised that I actually held my own.  Whether or not its because I'm getting more comfortable taking classes, or because I was just so excited to not be on the spinning bike of doom is unclear, but I did keep up with no major problems.  One observation of note: there were a ton of really skinny toned people in the class.  Now, I can't say if this is a direct result of the sculpting class, but my intense desire to be in their 'club' leads me to believe that I may actually come back and try this one again.

No comments:

Post a Comment