Feb 7, 2011

Dinkel's




















































My plan was to try and find at least one spot in my neighborhood to get a cannoli.  It didn't have to be the most amazing pastry in the world, but I did want something close by that could be my 'place'.  I also had to do some creative time management to fit this one in, and headed to Dinkel's Bakery to taste test their cannoli wares.  I was pleasantly surprised at how totally delicious they were.  I'm a Dinkel's fan from way back, but I usually go for a donut or a muffin.  They have never even been on my radar for cannoli.  However, they are now.  This brings me to the only problem with Dinkel's: given my past history, maybe an easily accessible cannoli 'place' isn't the best idea for me.  For their perfect filling and almost perfect crust, I'm giving Dinkel's Bakery in Lakeview a 4.

Dinkel's Bakery: 4

No comments:

Post a Comment