Feb 9, 2011

found.








Jackson: 2 year old Bernese Mountain Dog Rottweiler Mix


My friend Carlo uses this really awesome website called  Crowdrise for a lot of his fundraising and donating needs.  Not only can you use the site to create fundraising pages, you can also join fundraising teams, search for different charities, and make donations.  It's kind of a super hip philanthropy clearing house.  While I was checking out Crowdrise and searching for a charity, I came across Found, and decided it was the perfect place to give to.

I know Found through their sister for-profit called Stay: A Modern Dog Hotel.  I've used Stay a ton and can't say enough good things about them.  While at Stay it's not uncommon to see one or two of the dogs above hanging out waiting to be adopted, but I'll be honest, since I'm not interested in adopting right now, I didn't really think about Found seriously until today.  Their mission is simple: Rescue, Rehabilitate, Re-home.  What they do is amazing.  Found specializes in dogs that have a harder chance of being re-homed.  Whether it be 'medical or behavioral, Found provides individualized rehabilitation and training to dogs that would otherwise be euthanized'.  You should absolutely consider adopting one of the pooches above, or think about donating to help Found continue the work they do.

My guest philanthropist today is my friend Crystal.  We both love a cute pup, and agree Found is a great cause to support.

Charity: Found
I donated: $10.00
Crystal donated: $10.00

total: $20.00

No comments:

Post a Comment