Feb 8, 2011

living philanthropic.

The week's new adventure was inspired by a friend of mine from college.  Carlo is an actor living and working in Chicago, and exactly 292 days ago he started a blog called Living Philanthropic.  Carlo's mission is 'to give to charity everyday for a year, because you don't have to be rich in dollars to make a difference, you only need to be rich in spirit'.  While Carlo 'won't always be able to give a lot, he will give everyday'.

I really like the blog and have been following Living Philanthropic along the way.  In a recent interview about LP the term 'Micro Philanthropy' was used to describe what Carlo is doing.  I love this idea, essentially giving what you can, keeping in mind that no amount of help is too small to be discounted.  It's with this spirit of giving in mind that I'm going to follow Carlo's lead and donate to a different charity everyday.  While I can't donate millions, I also really believe in the ripple effect and its ability to make change.  So, this week, for every charity I donate to, I will also get a friend or family member to donate too, in hopes that they may find a friend to donate as well, and so on.

I'll keep sharing information about Carlo and LP throughout the week, but for now check out Living Philanthropic, and feel free to give!

No comments:

Post a Comment