Feb 4, 2011

swedish bakery.























My week of cannoli tasting started out at Swedish Bakery in Andersonville.  My friends Ann and Becky invited me to tag along on a pastry excursion and who am I to say no?  Disclaimer:  I knew going in that SB is known more for their petite-fores and marzipan frogs than their cannoli, but because I was there, and cannoli was on the menu, I thought I'd give it a try.  With Ann and Becky as guest tasters we dug into both a Swedish cannoli (made with a cream cheese filling) and a traditional cannoli.  

Turns out, I am not a fan of Swedish cannoli.  (neither are Becky and Ann)  It's a little like a sour regular cannoli that also tastes like gross.  The traditional cannoli was better, but not great.  The filling was just meh, and the shell was o.k.  Overall we gave them a 1 for their Swedish and a 2.5 for their traditional.

Swedish Bakery: 2.5

No comments:

Post a Comment