Feb 7, 2011

Pasticceria Natalina

 

 

 

 

 

Oddly enough, I heard about Pasticceria Natalina while I was at my first cannoli stop of the week.  When I explained my blog to the nice woman at Swedish Bakery who was ringing me up, she recommended PN because it was just up the street and she had 'heard good things'.  I'm not one to turn down a recommendation, so I ended up there the other day.  

There is a distinct 'vibe' to the place.  Not really coffee shop hippy dippy, but more high end baked goods meets art and a little radicalism.  That being said, they fill their cannoli to order, so the 'vibe' could have been almost anything and I would have been impressed.  Even with the 'vibe' and the fill-to-order service, I was a little under impressed with the taste.  Call me a purist, but I don't think you need to mess with a good thing, and these cannoli felt a little to progressive.  The shells had a hint of being almost burnt, and the filling was trendy when I wanted traditional.  I'm giving these guys a 3, but an added .5 for filling to order.

Pasticceria Natalina: 3.5   

No comments:

Post a Comment