Feb 16, 2011

fender music foundation.

My guest philanthropist today is my friend Jessie.  She and I met last year while we were working on a show together in Chicago.  There are scores of reasons why I like Jessie, but here are just a few:  She’s super talented, plays guitar, drives a hybrid, is wickedly funny, laughs at my jokes, is a great teacher, and she’s cool.  When picking today’s charity (which I also think is really cool) I immediately thought of Jessie and asked her to join me. 

The charity for today is The Fender Music Foundation .  The FMF ‘was created to provide funding and resources for music programs across America, so that kids and adults alike will have an opportunity to experience the joys of music’.  Fender is essentially trying to make music available to everyone they can through music education, media initiatives, and financial support.  In a time where arts programs are suffering and the state of music in schools is in limbo, FMF is coming in guns blazing to make sure music is available to everyone, not just those privileged enough to afford it.  You should definitely check them out, consider making a donation, and use their website as a resource on why funding the arts is cool.     


Charity:  Fender Music Foundation
I donated:  $10.00
Jessie donated:  $10.00


total:  $20.00

No comments:

Post a Comment